Reggio Inspired: Hanging Art

Rose Parks Preschool, a Reggio Inspired school, had so many hanging art pieces.  I am sharing a few of these amazing collaborative art pieces.

The strands of assorted beads, ribbons, and other objects that the children created. These were all hung from a tree branch.  Beautiful!
 I love full branches like this one.  The children’s self-portraits twirl from the limbs with their photo.
 The teacher in this classroom told me the best story about this chandelier.  On an afternoon walk, the class found this discarded chandelier in a neighbor’s trash.  The children strung the beads on wire (or pipecleaners) and all of these were attached to the chandelier.  Love it!
 I am not sure what is hanging (it kinda looks like a metal wine rack).  There are bowls of beads and a basket of black feathers for the children to create hanging strings.  So fun!
Get this! These are bracelets from the Dollar Store that are hanging from an old bike tire.   This is so cool.
 A grapevine wreath with strands of beads hanging from it that the children had made.
 A string of lights hanging from a disc.  You could use a large embroidery hoop.
 This is a stick chandelier.  If you look closely you can see that the stick were wrapped together to form this cube like shape. The children made the strands from pipecleaners, beads and feathers.
This is so beautiful and so simple.  The children’s self portraits hanging from a tree branch.
 A large embroidery hoop with all kinds of string, yarn and ribbon hanging from it.  It is amazing.
Every family made a strand on this piece that represented their values and traditions.   I love this!
I have my last installment of Rosa Parks photos tomorrow!
Hugs!

Comments

1. Tara says:

I LOVE every single one of these!!!!! Just beautiful!

4th Grade Frolics

• Me too! So many inspiring ideas! Thank goodness for photo documentation and pinterest!!!

2. Anonymous says:

LOVE these hanging art ideas!

3. Tara says:

Oh My GOSH! I am so inspired right now to do this with my kids. I have been thinking about mobils and ideas. These are PERFECT! Thank you!

4. Anonymous says:

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

• This work is not mine but is from Rosa Parks Early Childhood Center. It is an amazing place.

5. I love this collection of child-made art! I have spent way too much time reading your blog today- I’m so glad I found you! Very inspiring 😉

6. Reggio approach shares some of the values of the better-known Waldorf and Montessori schools, it’s not a philosophy with a set system of beliefs.

Reggio Emilia

7. Mary Jo says:

Hi, thanks for sharing these beautiful pieces. I had a question about the last one though. Do you know if they sent materials home with the children to use (or at least have a start/idea)? Or did the families supply it all? I am aware you may not know the answers to these questions, but thought I’d give it a shot. Thanks!

8. Kristina says:

These are beautiful! I’m wondering the same thing as Mary Jo with regards to the last one. Were the supplies provided by the teacher or parents?

Thank you!

9. C Spaxman says:

I was also curious about how the last one was introduced to parents? Did you send home supplies or a letter?

This was done at a school called Rosa Parks. I will have to inquire!

• Bibiana Sibining says:

I really like and love the beautiful pieces of arts using different materials. It was so inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

10. Becky says:

These displays are works of art in their own right. I’m sure the kids love them and will get so much from such a lovely learning environment.

It really makes the work of the child so meaningful and honored.

11. Saba says:

Its amazing to see all these inspiring ideas, the diplay make children’s work so honored.
    Thanks for sharing

12. Good job 🙂
    It is awesome to see these mind blowing ideas.
    thanks for sharing this info & pics

1. […] Hang art from a tree branch — via Fairy Dust Teaching […]