Ooo yummy felt foods!

I absolutely adore making my housekeeping a yummy place to play!  Loading it with real props and avoiding plastic toys are my starting point.  I try to keep those ugly plastic food sets out of my housekeeping center.  It is so much more fun to make our own food out of the “bread dough ornament” recipe or FELT! Stores like IKEA are now selling sets but they are still a bit pricey.  Here are a few bloggers sharing some of their delicious felt food.

I love, love, love this simple CUPCAKE tutorial!  It looks easy enough I could whip up a nice batch.
Instructions at Hoogli Art
Oh, my kinders are going to eat this PIZZA up!  So cute!
Instructions at Semi-Crunchy Mama
This is such a brilliant idea!  Raw sugar COOKIES and baked ones for a set! Yes!
Instructions can be found at Pink and Green Mama
We can open our own SUSHI Train in the kindergarten!  I think the kinders could help make these. . .
Instructions at: Julie In Taiwan
PANCAKES! Felt yummi-ness!
Instructions at Pink Tea
SPAGHETTI  from a great little blog about felt play food!!
Instructions at Play with your food

Comments

1. Sandra says:

Mmm…makes me hungry!

Sweet Times in First

sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

Sandra

2. wow! I can’t believe you made all of these out of felt! They looks amazing!! How great for your little ones!

? Mor Zrihen from…
    A Teacher’s Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

3. Deedee Wills says:

I TOTALLY love these! The sushi made me laugh out loud!

Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

4. Oh how I wish I had made them all! But they are definitely on my to-do list!

5. Malarie says:

I love felt food! They are so adorable. I started felting a couple years ago. This is great inspiration to pick it back up again, thanks!

PS
    check you my giveaway!

6. Deborah says:

I would love to have a set of felt foods!! Wonder if my mom has a little free time:)

7. Olivia says:

These are adorable for my kids at home! HOWEVER, as a preschool teacher there is a reason for those ugly plastic food sets, they can easily be cleaned! Little ones constantly put things in there mouth, these would not be functional in my classroom 🙂

8. Anonymous says:

They are really cute! But I’m wondering how you would clean them. Little hands carry lots of germs. I’m just thinking about those runny noses and sneezes during this season.

9. I think it is important to consider the age of the children you work with and their developmental needs. I agree, these would not be appropriate for babies or toddlers. But kindergarten students are no longer putting toys in their mouth as a rule. I do wash/dry mine. I am definitely in the Waldorf/Reggio Emilia/Montessori schools of thought regarding the environment. One of the things I have found with toys children have at home and at school (such as plastic foods and kitchen sets) the children treat these items with such disregard and disrespect. I rarely have behavior issues in housekeeping because the objects and props are so engaging. I also believe each teacher must find what works and inspires teaching. I do use plastic veggies sometimes during a farmers market play as I can borrow from other teachers and make a big stand.

10. So cute! I love the style of your blog! Also, I am your newest follower!
    Lory
    funforfirst.blogspot.com

11. We have given you the Versatile Blogger Award!
    Lory
    funforfirst.blogspot.com

12. Anonymous says:

I love this so much! My question is how well they hold up over time. Often things handmade and lovely that I bring into the class are promptly destroyed, just through heavy use.

13. Here’s the secret – use a wool felt blend. It holds up very well under wear and tear. If you make your items out of a wool blend – be sure and hand wash in cold water. Another tip – using a sewing machine can improve the life span. I do have hand sewn items that have been around over 12 years!

14. Anonymous says: