Making simple nature fairies and people is really quite easy.
Each one takes on its own personality! I love the leaf dress!
This little one has lovely leaf wings!
- Begin by gathering nature’s gifts. I had my students bring in things they found in their own yards and neighborhoods.
- I had the children sort the nature found items into the baskets.
- I gave each child a small amount of Artist’s Heavy Mat Gel Medium with a popsicle stick. This medium will attach pieces together and you do not have to hold it. This gives children great freedom to create. You will find it in the Artist Supplies. It is expensive – but a little goes a long ways. (I use a Michael’s coupon when I buy mine.)
- I like to put out a paper plate or copy paper for the working surface. This doubles as the drying spot with the child’s name written on it.
- Let the glue dry overnight.
- Artist Gel Medium (heavy, mat)
- Wooden doll heads or beads
- Peg body forms
Here’s what my class gathered:
Flowers and fruit. . . .
Pinecones and nuts. . . .
Oodles of leaves. . . .
Piles of river rock. . .
Twigs, sticks and tree bark.
A SNEAK PEEK: In the fall I gave a workshop for teachers and here’s some of their creations: