This is an art project I did at the local museum. I used the extra large black construction paper (24 x 36) which gave it such a “wow” factor. We painted this in three stages:
- Drew and painted the bird. Let it dry. (Used oil pastels to draw the bird.)
- Drawing Instructions:
- Draw a large oval for the body.
- Draw a circle for the head.
- Make a small triangle for the beak.
- Make an oval with a tip for the wing.
- Add a tail feather if you wish.
- Add legs.
- Draw a baseline for the ground.
- Painted the snow using q-tips and brushes. Let it dry.
- Added little details with oil pastels. (The beak, eyes, wing texture, and designs.)
This student wanted to add clouds to her painting.