The Human Game Board

IMG_5830The human game board is so simple – yet so fun!

A game pathway is created with laminated sheets of construction paper.

I made “stones” that are leading to the Red Goblets.

The beautiful thing is that the path can be set up anywhere in any configuration.

IMG_5821We use a large dice.

I like to start with 2 -4 players.  Each player picks a game piece (a friend).

IMG_5827The friend moves the number of spaces the dice thrower rolls.

The children LOVE watching the “human” game pieces moving  along the pathway.

IMG_5828The first “human” game piece to the Red Goblet wins! In this round – it was a close one!

The children love to design the pathway as well. . .

IMG_5822

Comments

1. Susan says:

What a fun idea, Sally! I love this!!

2. Sam Earle says:

Great idea Sally! I can’t wait to try this.

3. Linda says:

What do you use for the red goblets? Thanks for posting. This looks fun!

Really – you can use anything. It is the goal for traveling down the pathway. I have a little story about the stolen goblet from the castle. The Kings and Queens (game pieces) are off to find it.

I also do this with The Three Bears – you can adapt it to any story or idea.

4. Andrea Revel says:

Hi Sally!
    I love your human game board idea and have been using it when we study Goldilocks (Find Goldy!). Do you happen to have a story or ‘theme’ that accompanies this one?
    best,
    Andrea

Andrea,
      This time of year I love bringing the Kingdom of Kindness with the Kings and Queens of Hearts. I weave stories of kindness and bravery and this is often the pathway to the golden goblet of Kindness. I could not find my golden goblet so it is a red goblet. It could be a jewel, a heart – whatever fits your main story.

1. The Human Game Board

The human game board is so simple – yet so fun! A game pathway is created with laminated sheets of construction